On 17/09/2010 19:36, Greg Ederer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an estimate of how many sites currently use
> GeoServer?  I am preparing a project proposal, and would like to
> include this estimate if possible.

It's quite difficult to locate GeoServers around in the world
because often the GS adming GUI is not exposed and the capabilities
document can be altered not to have a single reference suggesting
the server is actually GeoServer.

However, many people do not customize it fully, a search like:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=it&q=%22GeoServer+Web+Feature+Service%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

points to over 5000 links which appear to be all WFS capabilities
documents served by GeoServer. Hope this helps

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org