Hi Sophia,
If my memory serves me right, we did tests with CADRG NITF but we never
dealed with NITF files with JP2 images. Therefore, I can't give you a
definitive answer.
However note that Image I/O-Ext NITF's support is based on GDAL 1.4.5.
Reading from [1], GDAL support NITF files with JPEG2000 (with Kakadu or ECW
SDK) compressed images.
Then, I think that if GDAL 1.4.5 supports NITF with JP2K, then ImageI/O-Ext
should support it too.
Do you have some sample file?

Regards,
Daniele

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/frmt_nitf.html

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM, sophia parafina <creta.k...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Does Image I/O-Ext support NITF images with JP2 using the Kakadu codec?
>
> sophia

> Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
> contest
> Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
> $10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
> marketing
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer