Hi Guys

Where is the 'right place' to let users know that out data changes each
night?

We have a WFS on top of our dataset, and each night we slurp in updates from
other providers. Can we configure Geoserver to help us tell out
'subscribers' how long our data is valid for?

Can geoserver set a HTTP header telling caches up/downstream how long to
keep the data for - or when it expires?

Is this something that belongs in Geoserver or outside Geoserver?

Geoserver already enables us to use GWC for WMS - but how do we let GWC know
that our data is 'valid for the entire day' until midnight.... when it
changes each night?

While I am happy to just tell the bunch of users we know about using various
methods (email, metadata, etc) What about the ones we dont personally know?
Is there a way of using HTTP headers more effectively here - and 'which
system' in the big picture should be responsible for that? Geoserver?
External Cache?

Is anyone else using HTTP Headers to inform users how long the data is valid
for?

Regards,
Terry Rankine