Dear all,

I am trying to implement an app-schema for a complex data type. In my test
example are 2 tables, a container table and a content table in a one to
one relationship (in the complete example, there are one to many and many
to many relationships).

What I am trying to accomplish is an efficient search for the content
table. I run a query something like this:

<wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.1.0"
xmlns:gsml="urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.0"
    xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd";
    xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";>
    <wfs:Query typeName="test:container">
       <ogc:Filter>
            <ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>

<ogc:PropertyName>test:containerlinkelement/test:contenttable/test:contentlabel</ogc:PropertyName>
            <ogc:Literal>8889</ogc:Literal>
         </ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
      </ogc:Filter>
      </wfs:Query>

But what I see is that he runs 2 SQL queries:
1) A query for the entire container table
2) A query with a join with the content table

It then proceeds to iterate over all the elements causing significant
delay. I was expecting a join with a where clause.  Is this normal
behaviour, or have I done something wrong.

Thank you in advance,

Lennert