________________________________
Lähettäjä: andrea.a...@gmail.com [andrea.a...@gmail.com] käyttäjän Andrea Aime
[andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it] puolesta
Lähetetty: 8. toukokuuta 2014 12:51
Vastaanottaja: Hakala Oiva (MTT)
Kopio: GeoServer Mailing List List
Aihe: Re: [Geoserver-users] Raster question

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Hakala Oiva (MTT)
<oiva.hak...@mtt.fi<mailto:oiva.hak...@mtt.fi>> wrote:

Hi.

I have been workin mostly with vectors using WMS, WFS and Openlayers with
javascript. Mostly no experience with rasters.

My problem is the following: via geocoding using postal address I can get a
coordinate pair. Then I have around 30 rasters (geotiffs) on our Geoserver as
separate layers. Does anybody have an idea, how to get a matching raster
(coordinate pair from geocoding) from Geoserver, and add it to a map as a
layer? Combining those tiffs as one tiff is not a solution (too large).

How about putting all of them in the same directory and use the image mosaic
plugin? Or are they different in nature (e.g, different color model?)
As an alternative, I guess you can parse the capabilties document, it has the
bbox for each layer, and use that to decide which layer fits.

Meet us at GEO Business 2014! in London! Visit http://goo.gl/fES3aK
for more information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead