From: Tom Chadwin [mailto:tom.chad...@nnpa.org.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:59 AM
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] GWC seeding: Error rendering coverage on the
fast path

> Did you mod my example at all or did  you leave it to grep out the
> band
gray and Band 1?

No, I did:

for i in $(find . -name "*.tif"); do var=`echo $i ;gdalinfo $i | grep -i
"colorInterp"`; echo $var;done;

> Also, can you check your mosaic in standard Layer preview with the
> single large tile?

OK, I _can_ see the big tile in OpenLayers layer preview. I'm sure this failed
before, but let's forget that for the mo.

> Additionally, instead of seeding, can you use the drop down under the
> Preview column of the "Tile Layers" screen and choose one of the jpeg
> options?  Do either of these methods work and display your completed
> image?

I only have PNG8, as I unchecked the other options. When I choose this, I have
a 4x4 block of broken tiles. Could the error be something to do with bands in
the output tiles, rather than the input TIFFs? I'll gdalinfo them and see.

So now I look at it closely, I see something new: this tile gap does not
correspond with a single source TIFF, but overlaps (presumably) four of them.
What this means I do not know.