Hi William,

For OpenGeo/Boundless specific stuff I recommend you post to gis stack
exchange with the boundless tag. Folks here would prefer questions be
restricted to purely community GeoServer.

-Justin

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM, William Hudspeth <bhudsp...@edac.unm.edu>
wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I am currently using Boundless/OpenGeo 4.02 with PostGIS 2.1. I would like
> a little advice on the development of specific functionalities. I am
> currently attempting to begin with a number of GeoTiffs, and would
> ultimately like to use them to for display in an OpenLayers map, and also
> provide the ability for users to draw a polygon (or enter coordinates) on
> this map and extract a GeoJSON file of pixel or point values from the
> underlying raster. My thinking is to import the geotiffs as PostGIS raster
> files, open them as a data source in OpenGeo server, and then display them
> in the OpenLayers map. Users can then query the map by drawing a polygon,
> which would query the PostGIS table and return the selected pixel values
> formatted as GeoJSON.
>
> First, does this sound like a reasonable avenue to take given the required
> functionality?
>
> Second, where can I find the most up to date documentation on correctly
> reading PostGIS rasters into OpenGeo server? I have seen references to *Image
> Mosaic JDBC*
> <http://suite.opengeo.org/opengeo-docs/geoserver/data/raster/imagemosaicjdbc.html>,
> but can't seem to find how I build in this capability into the version of
> OpenGeo (4.02) that I am currently using....
>
> Thanks, Bill

*Justin Deoliveira*
Vice President, Engineering | Boundless
jdeol...@boundlessgeo.com