Hi Chris,
the GWC/JDBCConfig improvements just landed in nightly builds, if you want
to try them out look here:
http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/geoserver/master/
http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/geoserver/2.8.x/
http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/geoserver/2.7.x/

Let us know how that goes

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Chris Brown <ch...@mangomap.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> leaving out the integrated GWC as the biggest outstanding offender.
>> Guess what, I'm working on a patch to address some of the issues right
>> now, which might or
>> might not address what you're seeing, it should be landing on the
>> development series
>> next week.
>>
>> I'm not saying this will remove all "linear scans" that are in the
>> codebase, but it should help in some cases.
>> Let me know if you're interested in testing that out, if so I'll ping you
>> when I commit it.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea
>>
>> --
>> ==
>> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
>> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
>> ==
>>
>> Ing. Andrea Aime
>> @geowolf
>> Technical Lead
>>
>> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
>> Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
>> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
>> Italy
>> phone: +39 0584 962313
>> fax: +39 0584 1660272
>> mob: +39  339 8844549
>>
>> http://www.geo-solutions.it
>> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
>>
>> *AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*
>>
>> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
>> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
>> loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
>> per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
>> messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
>> darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
>> stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
>> divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
>> utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
>> principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>>

>> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
>> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential
>> or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
>> (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
>> Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
>> copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
>> strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
>> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
>> immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
>> information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
>> does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
>> completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
>> made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of

@geowolf
Technical Lead

fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549