I created a layer from a datastore with:
curl -u user:passwd -X POST -H "Content-type: text/xml" -d
"<featureType><name>Mylayer</name><nativeName>mylayer</nativeName><title>My
Layer
</title><defaultStyle><name>wks:myStyle</name></defaultStyle><srs>EPSG:2193</srs></featureType>"
 https://myserver/rest/workspaces/wks/datastores/wks-zl/featuretypes

However, the structure in the postgis datastore so I deleted with:
curl -u user:passwd -X POST -H "Content-type: text/xml"
https://myserver/rest/layers/wks:Mylayer

Doesn’t show up. However, when I tried recreate with exactly the same POST, I
get:

Resource named 'Mylayer' already exists in store: 'wks-zl'

Clearly, I did delete wrong, but how do I republish via REST?
Ngā mihi, Nā Phil Scadden (he/him)
Te Raraunga me te Tātaritanga Mokowā Aronuku (Geospatial Data and Analysis)
GNS Science Te Pῡ Ao
13A Alma St, Renwick, 7204
New Zealand Ph +64 27 3463185

“Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei”

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used,
published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute
of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the
contents.