Hi

I have installed the WPS extension in geoserver 2.21.1 but not sure if my query
is wrong or the installation has failed.

The heatmap tiles do render but when running a centroid query by Posting the
following to https://wms.derbyshire.gov.uk/geoserver/ows?strict=true

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><wps:Execute version="1.0.0"
service="WPS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"; xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"; xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";
xmlns:wcs="http://www.opengis.net/wcs/1.1.1";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsAll.xsd";>
  <ows:Identifier>JTS:centroid</ows:Identifier>
  <wps:DataInputs>
    <wps:Input>
      <ows:Identifier>geom</ows:Identifier>
      <wps:Reference
xlink:href="https://wms.derbyshire.gov.uk/geoserver/DCC/ows?service=WFS&amp;version=1.0.0&amp;request=GetFeature&amp;typeName=DCC%3AMotorbike_Accidents_2022&amp;maxFeatures=50&amp;outputFormat=application%2Fjson&amp;propertyName=the_geom";
 method="GET"/>
    </wps:Input>
  </wps:DataInputs>
  <wps:ResponseForm>
    <wps:RawDataOutput mimeType="application/json">
      <ows:Identifier>result</ows:Identifier>
    </wps:RawDataOutput>
  </wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wps:ExecuteResponse xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; xml:lang="en" service="WPS"
serviceInstance="http://wms.derbyshire.gov.uk/geoserver/ows?"; version="1.0.0">
    <wps:Process wps:processVersion="1.0.0">
        <ows:Identifier>JTS:centroid</ows:Identifier>
        <ows:Title>Centroid</ows:Title>
        <ows:Abstract>Returns the geometric centroid of a geometry. Output is a
single point.  The centroid point may be located outside the
geometry.</ows:Abstract>
    </wps:Process>
    <wps:Status creationTime="2024-04-04T10:11:31.497Z">
        <wps:ProcessFailed>
            <ows:ExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
                <ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode" locator="geom">
                    <ows:ExceptionText>Failed to retrieve value for input
geom</ows:ExceptionText>
                </ows:Exception>
            </ows:ExceptionReport>
        </wps:ProcessFailed>
    </wps:Status>
</wps:ExecuteResponse>

The actual name of the geometry column is the_geom but tried changing the
identifier and get (this does get logged)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; version="1.1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1
http://wms.derbyshire.gov.uk/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.1.0/owsAll.xsd";>
    <ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
        <ows:ExceptionText>No such parameter: the_geom</ows:ExceptionText>
    </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

The xml was generated using the "Demos" tab in the geoserver instance.
Unfortunately due to our server setup I can only test via Postman.

I have tried lots of permutations but can only assume that my query is wrong,
dataset has issues, plugin has issues or our network is causing me grief. I
have also tried passing in json

The layers I have used are live and public.

This is not what I want to achieve but I also tried feeding a point in
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><wps:Execute version="1.0.0"
service="WPS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"; xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"; xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";
xmlns:wcs="http://www.opengis.net/wcs/1.1.1";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsAll.xsd";>
  <ows:Identifier>JTS:centroid</ows:Identifier>
  <wps:DataInputs>
    <wps:Input>
      <ows:Identifier>geom</ows:Identifier>
      <wps:Data>
        <wps:ComplexData
mimeType="application/json"><![CDATA[{"type":"FeatureCollection","features":[{"type":"Feature","id":"Motorbike_Accidents_2022.1","geom":{"type":"Point","coordinates":[-1.92389249,53.34201844]},"geometry_name":"geom","properties":{}]}]]></wps:ComplexData>
      </wps:Data>
    </wps:Input>
  </wps:DataInputs>
  <wps:ResponseForm>
    <wps:RawDataOutput mimeType="text/xml; subtype=gml/3.1.1">
      <ows:Identifier>result</ows:Identifier>
    </wps:RawDataOutput>
  </wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

And got

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wps:ExecuteResponse xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; xml:lang="en" service="WPS"
serviceInstance="http://wms.derbyshire.gov.uk/geoserver/ows?"; version="1.0.0">
    <wps:Process wps:processVersion="1.0.0">
        <ows:Identifier>JTS:centroid</ows:Identifier>
        <ows:Title>Centroid</ows:Title>
        <ows:Abstract>Returns the geometric centroid of a geometry. Output is a
single point.  The centroid point may be located outside the
geometry.</ows:Abstract>
    </wps:Process>
    <wps:Status creationTime="2024-04-04T10:26:18.295Z">
        <wps:ProcessFailed>
            <ows:ExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
                <ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
                    <ows:ExceptionText>Failed to retrieve value for input geom
Cannot invoke
&amp;quot;com.fasterxml.jackson.core.ObjectCodec.readTree(com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParser)&amp;quot;
 because &amp;quot;oc&amp;quot; is null</ows:ExceptionText>
                </ows:Exception>
            </ows:ExceptionReport>
        </wps:ProcessFailed>
    </wps:Status>
</wps:ExecuteResponse>

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer or pointing to another list if
more appropriate.

________________________________
The cold weather can cause problems for older and more vulnerable people. Get
advice and support on how to Stay Well This Winter. Find out more on our
website
here<https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/social-health/health-and-wellbeing/your-health/staying-well-in-winter/staying-well-in-winter.aspx>.
________________________________
Think before you print! Save energy and paper. Do you really need to print this
email?

Derbyshire County Council works to improve the lives of local people by
delivering high quality services. You can find out more about us by visiting
www.derbyshire.gov.uk<http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/>.
If you want to work for us go to our job pages on
www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs<http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs>. You can register
for e-mail alerts, download job packs and apply on-line.

________________________________

Please Note
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal
views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended
solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify
us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email
and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the
contents of this email may be disclosed.
Any personal information you have given us will be processed in accordance with
our privacy notices, available at
www.derbyshire.gov.uk/privacynotices<http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/privacynotices>.

Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received
emails.