in er wrote:
Hello!

Back in May 2005 I tested GeoServer, and there was Tasmania and I was able
to turn on and to turn off layers.
Download GeoServer this week again, many things have happened - this is great.

The Tasmanian example as I saw it back in May 2005 is gone.
Not to worry it will be back in the next release, the questions you are are mostly about the MapBuilder application that geoserver ships with (so I am not sure how to help), but there are a number of great map viewers out there that can talk to GeoServer...