Hey all,

I'm done with the prototype for the Programmers' Manual.
  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Programmers+Manual+Prototype

There are several decisions that are needed by the PMC:
  1) what the tutorial examples' package(s) should be
  2) what the tutorial examples' license should be
  3) where the tutorial examples should live
  4) where the graphics should live (all are svg done with inkscape)

Comments, revisions, and insults are welcome.

Jody, you were interested in particular in the design for each tutorial
section. My vision for the tutorial section on the geometric model is
essentially fully outlined in the Geometry Tutorial. The section needs a
lot more work but you should get the full idea of what I want in it.

Finally, I'm still struggling with semantic (mental) models of the
library and some of you may have ideas. Are you all aware of how you
conceptualize of the library when you use it? I'm hopelessly confused
but at least I now have all of my confusion well organized in my head.
Currently, I have six different 'looks' on the library:

        Code Stack view: the library in the context of the hardware,
        Java stack, outside libs...

        Model view: what's in the doc

        Dependency graph view: what you all did at the module level but
        maybe should be done at the package level.

        Package list: Each of the two hundred odd packages and where it
        fits into the code directories, where its api hangs out, where
        it fits in the 'model view'

        API list: where the various API's are, probably in context of
        the Model view.

        Data model: where the various pieces are, e.g. where a feature's
        coordinates can be found, where its CRS hangs out...

Once I find some clarity with those, I'll draw or compose them and add
them to the doc if they look like they help.

cheers,
adrian