So the OSGeo board is proposing 2k as a starting point for each project ...
can I can confirm this is good for GeoTools?

As for GeoTools plans:
- The 2k above should be fine to respond to anything that comes up during
the year, I assume we will have a member attending the AGM already who can
speak on our behalf.
- Last year with Java 11 was our really big / disruptive plan :)
- We could consider removing org.opengis packages (either quickly to
org.geotools.api, or on a package by package basis to the appropriate
module)
- The idea has also come up (with restriction Apache projects have in using
LGPL) to relicense the library. I think the vast majority of the code base
is covered under our code contribution agreement, and could just be
relicensed. There will be a subset of LGPL code included from other
projects to consider ...
- we could do our best to run the geotools workshops at regional events?

If there is any interest in the above idea, or any ideas to add to the mix,
I am happy to ask for more then the 2k proposed by the board.