Ciao Olivier,
you need to specify a wild card, something like
 -s /usr/simone/work/data/  -w *.tiff -name imm

if you want the mosaic builder to be able to find the correct files
you want to index.

Aside from this, if you have one single tiff which is not too big (up
to 300-400 mb) I recommend you use the OverviewsEmbedder which just
embeds overviews inside the same file.

Simone.