Ciao Ken,
please, read below...

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM, Kevin Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could some kind soul give me a nudge with regards to the
> ImagePyramidReader? I have a pyramid already constructed but I want to
> be able to retrieve a scaled image, not just the full-size. The brief
> code I am using is:
>
> ImagePyramidReader reader = new ImagePyramidReader(new File(PYRAMID_PATH));
> GridCoverage2D grid = (GridCoverage2D)reader.read(null);
> ImageIO.write(grid.getRenderedImage(), "PNG",
>    new File("/home/pyramid-test/pyramid_out.png"));
>
> This results in a full-sized rendering of the pyramid. How do I
> configure it to render something at 50% (for example)?

You need to supply the reader with a gridgeometry that contains the
desired spatial region as an envelope and the target dimension of the
raster you wnat to obtain.
This will force the reader to do crop and subsample. You can check the
tests of the ImagePyramidReader class, specifically
ImagePyramidReaderTest.

A snippet can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/m3e506325

Which version of the code have you used to generate the pyramid?

Ciao,
Simone.

> I am guessing that I need to feed GeneralParameterValues to
> reader.read(...) but after looking through the javadocs and the
> examples I am just not coming up with the solution.
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I would be glad to
> add the resulting snippet to the examples section of the site.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions S.A.S.