Dear colleagues,

Looking at geotools GML code its not clear to me how it uses the srid
and userData fields of the com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Geometry class.

What are these fields set to when a JTS Geometry is stored after being
mapped from a GML geomtery?
What are these fields set to when a JTS Geometry is read back before
being converted to a GML Geometry?

Specifically:

Does the persistent JTS Geomtery object's always have srid defined?
Is there a userObject always specified to stored the srsName?
Does the srid and srsName refer to the CRS used by GML representation?
Why do we need need to store both srid and srsName?

Thanks for any guidance.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi