GeoTools is a toolkit or library to help you work with spatial data; not
a desktop application. GeoTools is used in both server side applications
(look up GeoServer) and desktop applications (look up uDig).

You will find that the google map data is locked down to a javascript
API; you can make use of it in your own mash ups (look for OpenLayers in
order to get started), but in general it is not a suitable source of
data for a desktop application. Depending on what country you are in you
may find that public data is available to suit your needs.

Jody