Ciao,
michael, Id' take into account that much probably the RGBA data was
created using a colormap like approach, hence band combination won't
do, unfortunately.
I guess that the point is understanding why the data became RGBA at
the WCS stage when the suorce data was a dem.

Of course, this is mho :-)

Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.