Ciao Justin,
as on Open Source project (and also given the "style" of the message
and responses we are seeeing) we can just do three things:

1> state once again that the announced project is a fork, or better an
*hostile* fork
2> ignore their messages from now on
3> do what we think it's best  for geotools

I wish them all the possible best,
Simone

Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.