This is really cool Ian.

My team use the geotools swing example in a couple of our projects,
it's great to see tutorials like this. This is really helpful.

As an aside, I've been meaning to submit a pull request for the swing
example that improves the zoom tool to make it behave like Google Maps
(and most any other modern GIS). It makes the mouse wheel zoom in
relative to the cursor position in the window.

Leif