Once I get beyond 15-20 gallons I can no longer easily
carry the tank so it becomes a chore to clean out.  I
stick to the smaller tanks for most clans and increase
the space by layering with kitchen wire shelves, hung
wheels, boxes, etc.  But the gerbils do love the
space!  I have one 39 gallon.  A good way to get these
for free is to get a cracked on that you repair with
the...what's it called (clear fish-tank-repair-goop-it
a tube stuff, you know)
Donna
ABC Gerbils
www.abcgerbil.com