My little gerbles are perfect in every way (of course), but they drink their water out of a little bowl instead of a bottle.. I'm not sure exactly how this started (I think when I got my Tippy I had no bottle and used 'temporarily' (2 years since).

As I'm sure you can guess, the cage gets wet and mucky every say, and they are especially good at stuffing just a CORNER of klenex in so thet the rest of the cage slooooly gets wet as the kleenex slooowly fills with water.

This seems like a silly question, but if I buy a bottle, will they use it?  I don't want any thirsty gerbils, but *my* life would be way easier without that bothersome bowl.