The neosporin needs to be on the nose for at least 5 mins to allow for
absorption or it won't really help. Try keeping them occupied for several
minutes after putting it on- treats, or exploring a new area.

It is most likely an allergy causing the red noses- have you switched
bedding or determined the cause?

Jill

----------
> From: Amber White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Neosporin
> Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:14 AM

Hi all!

Okay, this is my first time with red-nosed gerbils!  They're almost 5 weeks
old, and both of 'em have red noses...it's so cute, reminds me of a little
kid with a red nose!  Anyway, you can put Neosporin on their noses, right?
Not a LOT of it, but just enough to hopefully make their noses less
painful?
I hope it was okay, because that's what I did!  ^_^  Except when I put them
back in the tank, they just started rubbing it off...and then Mama gerbil
came over to the first one and was shoving at him like SHE wanted to get to
his nose, and he was squeaking up a storm!  So then I got paranoid that she
was either trying to kill him, or the Neosporin had gone up his nose, but
he's fine now.

So anyway, is the Neosporin okay on the noses?  I'm almost POSITIVE that I
read about it on the list at some point, but when the situation actually
OCCURS, I tend to get a little scared that I'm doing something wrong!  And
combined with the fact that my black bear hamster just died tonight, I'm
more
paranoid than usual!  :-\

But that's all from me...I think, hehe ;)  As always, thank you for any and
all responses!

Take care!

~*~Amber~*~
The Eisen Clan