I am currently in the process of attempting to
introduce two females.  They have been in the split
cage since Monday and so far they seem to be doing
okay.  When I switch their sides, they each sleep in
the bed the other vacated, and they are sniffing each
other through the mesh.

I was thinking about taking them out on monday and
putting them together breifly to see how they do (it's
easier for me to separate them in case they don't if I
place them in the large "play" tub i got rather than
in the cage.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look
for to make sure they really are getting along?  So
far they seem to not be trying to fight.  I don't want
to even attempt to put them together thought until it
has been a week.  And because I've heard females are
harder to repair I just wanted to ask.

on a different note, I seem to be making gerbil
converts of my whole extended family.  My sister is
thinking about getting a pair for her and her
daughter, and my SIL is thinking about getting a
second pair.  AND so are my aunt and uncle.  So I may
be able to home a few of them (although there are a
few I want to keep because they are my babies) and
have some more room for my future breeding pair.  I
didn't want to start breeding again just to get more
littel cuties if I couldn't take care of them or find
homes for some of them.  So I have the pleasure of
introducing my family to the joys of gerbils as well
as knowing that my gerbies will have good homes and be
able breed some more again.

just a little update.

RW

=====
The GemStar Clan ----
Tina and Windy, Spring and Misty,
Kibble and Nibble, Cocoa and Dave,
Peaches and Abby and the boys:
Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Foxy, Pirate, and Timothy