I found something interesting today.  I just acquired 2 young gerbils.
They're about 8 weeks old.  The guy described them as "Blonde" male and
"Gray" female.  I figured they were probably an Argente Golden and a Lilac
(they're litter mates).  When I went to pick them up, my guesses were
confirmed.  The female is indeed, a Lilac, and the male looks to be an
Argente Golden.  BUT - here's one thing I've never noticed on an Argente
Golden before - he has some darker ticking, like a DEH.  But there's no way
he could be a DEH, because he has Ruby eyes, and his parents are a Lilac and
an Argente Golden (very gold!).  IS this just some sort of flaw in his color,
or could he be something else?  I've never had ticking on any of my Argente
Goldens before, and I've never seen it on other AG's, either.

~Lanie~