Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 12:01 PM
Subject: New member

Hi everybody!
I have just subscribed to the GML.
My name is Claudia, I am 22 years old and live near Passau in lower Bavaria. Unfortunately, I have just 2 (male) gerbils left, Hannibal and Rufus, because Speedy died last November of cancer and Lucky had to be given an injection to "get asleep" because he was very sick.
Hannibal and Rufus are both almost 3 years old and I hope theyīll still live a very long time! But now my first question:
Once as the three of them (Hanni, Rufus and Lucky) fought a lot, Hannibalīs left hind leg was badly hurt (almost gone!). Now itīs much better, but their are scars and therefore he doesnīt put the whole foot on the ground when walking or running. And thatīs the problem! His nails on this foot are too long because they donīt get "rubbed away" (I hope you understand what I want to say!) and they get longer and longer. I can hear him running over the floor and I want to know whether you could tell me anything that Hannibal himself or I can do to shorten his nails!
It would be very nice if you could help us.

Bye, Claudia