Hi Lauren,

I doubt you can force Matilda to like the wheel.  My gerbils hated the exercise balls
to the point of comical refusal, and the advice I got was to forget the balls and just
let them out more often to play in their playground.  They seem to be just fine with
that.  I also gave them a huge cage so they'd have more room to move in while penned
up. It's probably equal to at least a 25-gallon tank with three levels.

Amy