At 05:25 PM 8/12/01 -0700, ABCgerbils said:

>Julian is the creator and maintainer of the list, and
>I presume he is the only one who can send warnings or
>remove someone from the list.

No, he is not.

In fact, Sharon Kahn is the original creator of the GML, and she did it by
hand.

The creator and maintainer of the GML in this incarnation, on the Rice
University listserv, happens to be Shelly Johnson, who has not read,
maintained or moderated the list in any way literally for years.  We're
pretty much on our own.

>http://www.igf.org.uk/gml/charter.htm

The Charter was written by GML members as a whole who were participating in
the list at the time, although I think Julian and I wrote a good portion of
it between ourselves.

Unless you appeal directly to Rice, there is no -- repeat NO -- moderation
on this list other than the common sense of the members.

We're all obviously doomed.

:)

Michelle
Flutist

--
Hush now, my baby, be still love don't cry,
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream