On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:02:44 +0200 (CEST), [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>On 5 Apr, Kelly Martin wrote:
>>Tiles are 64x64 by default, and changing them is a bad idea because
>>it makes your .xcf files nontransportable.

> Not to forget that this size is more or less hardcoded.

It's a #define, yes.  And because the file format is tightly bound to
the tile size, changing it at compile time breaks XCF save and load in
ways I don't even want to think about.  I don't think that XCF v0 or
v1 specifies the tile size anywhere in the data stream, either.

I tried to modify the XCF loader & saver once to do reblocking, but it
gave me a headache and I moved on to other, more interesting things,
like feeding my cats. :)

Kelly