Hi,

A month ago I submitted two bug reports using Bugzilla.  To date, they
remain in the "UNCONFIRMED" state.  I've already patched my version of GIMP
as per bug 52383, so this doesn't really bother me except that it seems to
me that others might benefit from it.  Have I reported the bug using the
incorrect method?  Are you folks swamped with work?  What can I do to
expedite this process?

Here are the descriptions of my pending bugs:

-------- Bugzilla Bug #52383 --------
Enter this into the script-fu Console:
(unbreakupstr (strbreakup ":hi:there:" ":") ":")

The result will be ":hi:there", note the lack of the trailing ':'.
After a little inspection, you will see that it is, in fact, "strbreakup"
which is not producing an empty string at the end of the list it produces.

This seems to be a think-o, applying this two line patch fixes the problem:
diff plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c.orig
1617c1617
<   end = start = get_c_string (str);
---
>   start = get_c_string (str);
1620c1620
<   while (*end)
---
>   while (*start)

NOTE: Some scripts may count on this bug's presence, fixing it might break
these scripts.

BUGS: This doesn't change the behavior of (strbreakup "foo" "").
-------------------------------------

-------- Bugzilla Bug #52385 --------
What is the propper behavior of (strbreakup "foo" "")?

Chances are, "ERROR: ran out of storage" isn't it.

I'd suggest tossing in a simple:
if (*marker)
{
}
around the while loop, near line 1620 of plug-ins/script-fu/interp_sliba.c,
but I'm not sure what kind of error object you'd want to return for that.

As far as my note on 52383, I find that situation to be very unlikely.

Please let me know if you need any additional information, or if I'm
sending my bug reports the the wrong place.  I'm not subscribed to this
list, so please CC me with any discussion.

Thanks,

Mike
(: