Martin Nordholts <enselic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> If you would like better default resources in GIMP, now is a great
> opportunity to do something about it. We want GIMP 2.8 to ship with a
> good set of default resources, but we need help from our artist
> community with this. Right now, we would like to do the following:
>
>    * Add rake brushes
>    * Add more bristle brushes
>    * Add more realistic patterns from commonly used artistic media
>    * Add more complex vector based brushes because of their good
>      scaling properties
>    * Add a selected subset of GIMP Paint Studio brushes and presets
>    * Remove the outline squares
>    * Convert small bitmap brushes to larger variants
>    * Either create better example brushes of GIMP's capabilities, or
>      keep existing ones
>    * Make sure the new resources are properly tagged

I'm an artist and I'm willing to help. Who do I contact to organize this? I'll
need some explanations on the technicalities (how to create vector brushes),
what rake and bristle brushes are, and exactly what patterns are wanted. I can
contribute my own patterns - I have a small library of patterns I find useful in
my work, but i don't know if they have a general appeal.