Just so its said first, input stuff is business of GTK. Gimp conjumes what GTK
provides.

On Saturday, July 17, 2010 22:45:07 Cedric Sodhi wrote:
> I, as a user, would like to directly corelate the axis (x motion event!!!)
> to zoom, pan, color, etc! Therefore I say that this needs a coherent
> interface where such mappings can take place.
Any paint options are mapped via dynamics, try 2.7 from git and you'll see
what I mean. Pan and Zoom are UI controlls and such part of a different
concept. One that does not exist yet. This concept is where mapping axis of
odd devices like navigator to UI and action control should be set.

> I think these major points which can bring a great advantage for any
> professional who uses the appropriate input devices.
Tablets are paint and draw tools and their axis have fixed meanings. Chaninging
that would be silly. Navigators and other such tools are separate business.

-- Alexia