Hi,

I guess most of you noticed that several people blogged about the fact
that GIMP 2.8 has not yet been released even though the schedule that
Martin published a while ago estimated that this would have happened by
the end of 2010. As far as I can see this is the article that started it
all:

http://libregraphicsworld.org/news.php?readmore=667

And this post suggested that donating to the GIMP project could help us
to achieve our goal of releasing GIMP 2.8 earlier:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/12/single-window-gimp-release-delayed-but-why/

I just wanted to let you know that we have seen a dramatic increase in
donations since then. More than 120 people donated over the last 8 days
and sent us about 2,500 dollars. Perhaps it would be a good idea to
discuss how we can actually use this money to make the GIMP 2.8 release
happen soon...