I just had an idea: the lightbulb image that is used in File/About
could also be updated because it has not changed much since the early
days.  So what about this: we use the image version 1.14 for the
splash screen (or 1.15 if Tigert can improve it), and the version 1.4
with the baloon for the about page.

By the way (yet another request for Tigert), it would be nice if the
gimp splash screen history page contained the date at which each image
was checked in.  I know that Aspirin's 1.12 joke has been there for a
while, but I don't remember when it appeared.  Anyway, that's just an
idea.  I would do a "cvs log" if I could access CVS, but I cannot do
that for the moment.

-Raphael