> >>   I gotta say, the newest one is definitely my favorite so far.  The baloon
> >>   was nice, but this one looks really polished, and professional, but fun at
> >>   the same time.
> >>
> >>   It is a logo that says "we can take on photoshop, just click and see" ;-)
>
> Glyph, I have to say that my sentiments are just the opposite of
> yours.  Although the latest splash (with the brush) is nice and
> traditional looking, I find it has little identity and little
> character.  On the other hand I feel that the balloon splash captures
> the mood and the spirit of the GIMP.  I don't know how to express it
> exactly, but to me the balloon says that the GIMP is out of this
> world, it follows the alternate path, it allows you to dream not only
> of what is...but of what may never be.  The brush is just a brush.

There is no spoon... brush... uhmmm...

Erhmm.... sorry, matrix flashback.

I personally like both the balloon and brush image.  Maybe both can fit in
somewhere?  I understand I'm just a lurker here and have no real clout,
but maybe one can be the splash (I'm thinking balloon) and the brush one
could be modified for the About image?

My $0.02.

arc

--
Arcterex -=|=- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -=|=- http://arcterex.ufies.org
'... I was worried they were going to say "you don't have enough LSD in your