On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 01:45:22PM +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> IMHO having two different UIs to perform the same task is a stupid idea.

For example, you want cut&paste under both desktops. And kde has cooked
their own incompatible clipboard system.

> Why would people using KDE as their Desktop environment want their own
> GIMP as long as the one GIMP works well for them?

It'd save memory a lot ;)

> It might be a good idea however to build different apps on the
> gimp-core. A small icon-editor, an animation-studio, ...

I also talked about a library. Unfortunately, many people try to use gimp as
computing server, with overwhelming success ("it even works some of the
time"). Many (not the majority) of perl users would like to have some
non-ui library thing to call into (that doesn't require X, doesn't require 7
seconds to start, can be embedded into applicaitons..)

I mean, there _are_ reasons why the UI/Core seperation has such a high
priority on our list ;)

> will want to have one common GIMP UI. If there's something we can do to
> integrate GIMP better with KDE, I'd love to hear about it.

It has been mentioned only countless times ;) The to-be-done-anyway
ui/core seperation is the time where kde people can code their own
frontend without feeling bad.

That means that we just need to follow our plan, which should make them
happy automatically.