Thanks Daniel and to all who responded and Sven I'm sorry I didn't
know about the bug-track thing.   The x-y mouse thing is due
to my theme and Daniel's gdisplay patch fixes the Alpha channel
thing.   I will try to figure out what I did wrong to cause the
Select By Color problem.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Steve Lipa
[EMAIL PROTECTED]