1
xtra/perl-fu/bricks  -> xtra/perl-fu/paterns/bricks
------------/Random Art ->------------------/Random arts
Does this really have to be separated ?

script-fu is about scripts, that means files translated on-the-run for
example perl, scheme, python, basic (yuck) and so on...

which in general should be all in one - I suggest to rearrange the
menu connected with scripts (to all translators - SORRY FOLKS 8-)

2
scripts which need to be repaired,
they work but they don't register (in menu):
    fire
    frame_filter
    frame_reshuflee
these scripts don't work at all:
    border
    gouge
    map_to_gradient             init_progres
    prep4gif
    image_tile
    burst                       init_progress
    home-pagelogo               net caalback
    gimp-make-img-map           net callback
    blowinout                   now, what does this one do, really ?
these are not getting copied to $gimp_dir
    billboard
    feedback

these don't work because of the lack of perl 5.0005
    PDB
    Visual
    parasite-editor

In the above text some plugins are in a form of filenames or procedure
names

3
Is "2x2 Blur"(perl) and "Blur"(C) not the same, if so then why double
the same plugin (and keep your hands away from the C version)

4
after Gimp crash, and this is quite often these days:( the units and
many other settings disappear. If we happen to have small HDD (or
quotas) and we are running out of disk space it behaves the same way.

Proposition: we save all the configuratoin files in a safe way.
cp old new
write to new
if no problem {
mv new old
} else { rm new
mesage: file save failed }

;-)

5
When I click the arrows in image space (navigator or so) I get:
initial_sub_region:: error :: src->w * (src->bytes + 1) > 512

6
Ununified Gimp interface
    tools
    filters

6a
What resolution is Gimp written for ??
As I presume many people start with 640x480 and is happy with
800x600(15") not 2millions x million ;-)

7
Lack of localization for scheme scripts

8
I don't think you can remove tips (many applications under windblows:)
have help and tips and that does not seem to be a problem

9
Why colour brushes can be animated and grayscale can not ?
(Telling me to stop using the colours is not the answer:).

 |  __  | |   _/    | |     -- mail: ------------[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]---
 |_|  |_| |_|\_\    |_|     -- www: ---[ www.geocities.com/art_pl/ ]---

----
Serwer WWW 60 MB za 299zl rocznie