Hello, dudes,

Jens Finke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has sent me an amazing patch to add
support for XCF file loading to gdk-pixbuf.  I would really like to
have this sort of functionality so that simple programs like EOG can
view GIMP files.

However, there is the issue of licensing.  Gdk-pixbuf is released
under the LGPL, and the XCF loader uses big chunks of GPLed code from
the GIMP.  I am not sure what is the best way to proceed.

[For the GIMP developers who may not be aware of how gdk-pixbuf works,
it is a little library that lets you load images and perform some
simple operations on them.  The image loaders are loaded on demand as
shared libraries, so we have dynamic objects for GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF,
etc.]

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

  Federico