On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:36:16PM +0100, Tino Schwarze
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is _no_ Unix way.

Yes, there is:

> Look at Netscape's shortcuts, e.g. "Close Window".

They are all configurable ;) I, for example, press alt-f4 (window-manager) or
"esc" (netscape configuration).

The unix way was and is: Let the user choose.

(Unfortunately, gtk+ choose to use their really difficult-to-use and very
limited own way of customization. What did the authors intent? Well, they
just wanted to play around with it because they didn't understand the x
resource system :(. But who does, anyway ;)