I just updated to the cvs versions of gimp, autoconf, automake and
libtool.

Gimp abjectly fails to build with the CVS versions of the build
tools.  An enterprising developer wishing to earn fame and glory might
hack on this and figure out what the hell has changed in the
auto-tools, and what would need to be done for the gimp to make it
build with them.

--
"I've got a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
                   -- Black Adder, "Dish and Dishonesty"