"Mattias Engdegård" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >1. Draw first attempt at tile
> >2. Image->Transforms->Offset
> >2a. Hit Offset by x/2 y/2 etc.
> >3. Fiddle with any edges revealed by this
>
> It is frequently useful to see how the tile looks when tiled many
> times, to reveal any disturbing salient patterns. The above procedure
> can only help with the local edge transition but doesn't give you any
> overview
>
> >Adding a special mode to Gimp seems like overkill to me, but hey - it's
> >a popular request and all patches will be considered.
>
> I think it might actually be a good idea, but the design has to be thought
> out carefully

Another idea is to just apply the current operation on the
x+Tx*i,y+Tx*i position too, and skip the tiled view. This might be
easier. Then you can start with a tile filter and then work with just
"tiled operation". This was how old'n'good DeluxePaint solved it
(anyone remember that program?). This is a lazy and rather
unprofessional solution, but it might just work.

I didn't know about the transform, but that only simplifies my
routine, it still isn't perfect. ;)

Another question, maybe stupid, why doesn't the tile filter tile all
layers, like you would expect?

/Mirar