Hi,

Raphaël Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I think that "discarding the alpha channel" is not the appropriate
> way to describe this operation.  After using Threshold Alpha, you
> still have an alpha channel with transparent and non-transparent
> parts (all fully transparent parts are still transparent after
> thresholding).

of course it is not the appropriate way to describe it but I just used
the term that Jimmac used.

> So the thresholding step is useful for partially transparent pixels,
> but it does not "discard" the alpha channel.  I cannot think of a
> better name than "Threshold Alpha" for this operation.

It is sortof a special threshold operation since it makes the alpha
channel fully opaque regardless of what was there before. It's more
flattening without removing the alpha channel. I really can't think of
a good name for it right now.

Salut, Sven