A few people I have talked to expressed a wish to have the menus
on to of image windows on by default. It is certainly a much more
intuitive way to get at the context menus than the right mouse
button, and newer gimp users seem to find it very helpful.

Thus, I would like to propose having them on by default, and
turnoffable by expert users.

There is even an argument for having them always-on, and turning
off that option. The option is always available not to use them,
after all :)

Consider this a request for comments. It's a tiny thing - I just
want to see if there are any objections.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,