On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:44:07 +0200, Piotr Legiecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For a long time we were waiting for GIMP to become a real pro tool for
> serious photographers. The scarcity of well designed tools for UNIX is
> obvious. What *have to be* changed as soon as possible:
>
> 1)      Levels dialog - *linear* histogram as in histogram tool.
[...]
> 2)      Grey point (and histogram) inside Curves Dialog using Shlick
> mapping method:
[...]
> The problem with current tools (mentioned above,) is in their almost
> uselessness for photographers. Well, at least in a way to get perfect
> results in short time.
>
> Please consider a.s.a.p.

These ideas may be very good, but did you submit them through Bugzilla
first?  It would help greatly if you could link to the relevant bug
reports in your message.  I suppose that you have already submitted
these bug reports or at least checked if someone else had already done
it.

If you haven't done it yet, see: http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/bugs/

-Raphaël