On 6/27/05, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > A way to overcome this is to have e.g. two lines per layer. A sample
> > mockup is available at
> >   http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/files/layer-dialog-many-properties.png
>
> This might work from a user's point of view but I am afraid that it
> will be a nightmare to implement. There's absolutely no support from
> GTK+ for this kind of UI. Probably even for good reasons.

So you can't do something like a two boxes with columns, in a box, and
then have a list of those boxes?  Something like the way Java Swing
does GUIs? [I'm sorry, but I have no idea how GTK+ works, so it's just
my two cents.]  I don't suppose this would be something to ask the
GTK-Development team about how to implement, would it?  [Similar to
how we're discussing how to implement this here.]
--
~Mike