michael chang writes:
> Some who are prompted for auto-flattening-export think it
> will perminantly flatten their image, and look for a work around.

In CVS GIMP, the export dialog does say, "The export conversion
won't modify your original image," so at least users shouldn't
be worried about that (if they read the dialog).

But I'm not sure why the dialog exists in the first place. Is there
any reason the user needs to be prompted for this? It doesn't modify
the current image, it's just a temporary thing for printing.
Clicking Ignore seems to do the same thing (at least on Linux and
current CVS) as clicking Export, so the user doesn't have any useful
choice to make here, just a confusion between two apparently
identical choices (or Cancel).  Why not just do the conversion
without bothering the user about it?

        ...Akkana