Sven Neumann schreef:
Hi,

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 19:37 +0200, Roel Schroeven wrote:

It seems that more and more applications start to rely more or less heavily on middle mouse buttons and/or scrollwheels (Gimp and Google Earth come to mind), which is a bit annoying as my laptop is my main machine.

GIMP doesn't rely on the mouse wheel for anything. It uses it if it's
there and that's what the mouse wheel controller is doing. Carol is
making a fuss out of nothing. Just ignore her.

Well, there's one thing that doesn't work without the middle mouse button: panning.

But as I said in another post, it's absolutely not a big deal to me. It might have been wiser not to give in to my desire to spout my opinion.

Roel Schroeven