Alex Pounds writes:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:22:11PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Any particular reason why you didn't use the screenshot feature of your
> > desktop for this? Just asking.
>
> Not everybody uses a desktop that has a screenshot feature built in. I
> don't, and whenever I want a screenshot I use the Gimp plugin. I would be
> very disappointed to see it removed.

Same here. I have set up a desktop function that does a screenshot
via import (from image magick); but that doesn't allow me controls
like delays, and it saves to a file which I then have to open in
gimp as a separate step (and remember to delete later). I use it
for quickie "show someone on bugzilla or IRC what I'm seeing" snaps
but not for the important ones.

For what it's worth, every time I see the question "How do I make
a screenshot?" posed on a beginner/intermediate Linux list, the
answer always ends up being GIMP. It's still the best method
that's not dependent on users running specific versions of
specific desktops.

--
    ...Akkana
    "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional": http://gimpbook.com