Ni,

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 17:46 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> Keeping the documentation online is in many ways a good idea.
> There is one thing we could do better though. Right now
> when pressing F1 without a locally installed copy of the
> manual there is a dialog box that says "you don't have
> a copy of the GIMP user manual installed" with a button
> to go to the online manual. IMO we should take the user
> directly to the online manual and not nag her with dialogs.

We only show this dialog once. If you confirm that you want to use the
online version, then you won't see that dialog again. I don't think
that's too bad. The dialog makes it clear what's happening and it serves
as a hint that the manual can also be installed locally. Removing this
dialog would be a regression.